What causes frizzy hair?
Frizz is caused when hair is dry and lacks moisture which causes hair to seek moisture from the air around it. The outer layer of the hair takes in the moisture from the air, causing the hair to swell and frizz. This is also why humidity often makes matters worse.To make matters more complicated the type of hair you have affects the reason why you have frizz.
Both naturally dry and curly hair are prone to frizz as there is less oil in long lengths than other hair types.
When hair fibers are finer, hair isn’t as naturally strong as some other types, so it’s more vulnerable to damage and frizz. Heat styled, and chemically treated hair may make hair increasingly fragile. For that reason, your strands are particularly prone to becoming dry and damaged.
Its best to consult your trusted hairdresser for a specific frizz fighting routine.
These 7 tips may help reduce the frizz.
1. Choose a sulfate-free, glycerine-packed shampoo
2. Always use conditioner
3. Twice a week, only use conditioner on your hair
4. Use a hydrating mask once a week
5. Incorporate coconut oil into your hair routine
6. Let your hair air dry 90% of the way before blow-drying
7. Use a diffuser when blow-drying
8. Sleep on silk to reduce friction